University Honors Program
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Response
Your health and well-being are the top priorities at NIU and the University Honors Program. In response to COVID-19, we are offering all honors services remotely except free printing which is suspended temporarily while our office is closed. Honors staff will respond virtually Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
If you have a general question, please email email@example.com. You may also contact a staff member directly. Please continue to schedule your academic advising appointments via Bookings for remote advising.
The University Honors Program at Northern Illinois University provides an enriched educational experience for students motivated to achieve greatness. Through a nearly 50 year history of specialized courses, advising, engaged learning opportunities, a living-learning community and extracurricular programming, we develop tomorrow's leaders today.
Some of the benefits you'll experience as a University Honors Program student include:
- Small, engaging courses taught by top faculty
- Priority registration for courses
- Honors-only scholarships
- Guaranteed admission into an ever-growing list of graduate programs
- Exclusive opportunities for research with faculty, study abroad and the prestigious McKearn Fellows program
- Peer mentoring from other honors students – and the chance to be a mentor yourself
- Opportunity to live in exclusive clusters in the New Hall Honors House
If you are someone who has the ambition to chase your dreams, and help others in their pursuit as well, join us!
Honors Helping Huskies
Your Honors Program community is here for you. If you are struggling right now with managing schoolwork, mental health, financial burdens, or would just like to hear from a fellow Honors student, please complete a short form. We'll do our best to connect you with the right support.