Department of Economics
By studying economics at NIU, you can improve your decision-making skills across academic fields. Our accomplished faculty will show you how to weigh the costs and benefits of a decision, as well as anticipate unintended consequences. The skills and knowledge you gain will apply to all aspects of life, from evaluating the market for a product to making choices in your personal life. We offer both undergraduate and graduate programs in economics.
- Apply for the Department of Economics Undergraduate Scholarships for 2022-2023. Application deadline is March 15. Complete a short application form and ask two instructors to write letters for you. Learn more on how to apply.
- Skeels Scholarship: $1,000
- La Tourette Scholarship: $1,000
- Scaperlanda Family Scholarship to Study Abroad: $2,500
- View the spring 2020 newsletter (digital publication) (PDF)