Apply as early as possible to Northern Illinois University.
- Contact Undergraduate Admissions at www.admissions.niu.edu/admissions
- For financial assistance, contact Financial Aid Office at www.niu.edu/fa/
- For scholarship availability, contact Scholarship Office at www.niu.edu/scholarships/
- When you apply, select one of the following study emphases offered by the School of Theatre and Dance:
- BA in theatre studies (training in directing, performance, storytelling, stage management, dramaturgy and/or playwriting.)
- BFA in acting
- BFA in dance
- BFA in design and technology
- Contact the School of Theatre and Dance to make an appointment to attend an audition, interview and/or portfolio review. Please note that an appointment is not required for those applying to the BA in Theatre Studies or to the BFA in dance programs.
- Audition and Interview Dates
- For applicants to BFA in acting or design and technology programs, the school will notify you of its decision after the faculty reviews your audition and/or interview and checks the status of your application with the university.
- If you are accepted, you must contact the School of Theatre and Dance to reserve your place in the entering class. If students accepted to the BFA in acting or design and technology as majors do not contact the school by May 1, they will not be guaranteed a place.
NOTE: The BFA in dance and the BA in theatre studies are open enrollment programs. Once accepted to the university, declare a major in either program and meet with a dance or theatre studies advisor.