Electronic Research Administration at NIU (InfoEd)
NIU utilizes electronic Research Administration (eRA) systems, to enter, track, and monitor all facets of research at NIU. Please note that these systems rely on pop-ups, so you may need to turn off your pop-up blocker (especially when using Chrome).
If you have a specific data request that you would like help with, please complete this Request Form. A member of the RIPS Data Reporting Team will contact you to discuss.
All support requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sponsored Programs Administration
- Research Compliance, Integrity and Safety
- Internal Competitions
General Information for InfoEd
How to Use the Review Dashboard
- When your review is required, you will receive an email request with instructions.
- Click on the Reviewer Dashboard link
- Your browser should open to the NIU eRA Portal login screen.
- Please note if you are already logged in, it will take you directly to the dashboard.
If you need assistance, contact The Division of Research and Innovation Partnerships at email@example.com.
There are three separate tabs on the left-hand side, the system automatically opens the review tab.
On the review tab you will find:
- Items that you have been assigned to review (Click the hyperlinked names to access the items.)
- Comment boxes (Please note the separate boxes indicating who can see the comments.)
- Decision boxes (The boxes will appear grayed out until the Review Status of each item is updated.)
Once an item has been reviewed, the 'review status' needs to be updated by using the drop-down menu to the right of each item.
Comments can be added with your review and stored with the record. Please note the separate boxes indicating who can see the comments. Please be sure to add your comments before making a decision as once your decision is made the review is locked down.
In order to make a decision, verify that each item has been reviewed and the review status has been updated.
Once the system determines that you have completed the review steps the decision boxes will become active.
For technical questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsored Programs Administration
- Finding funding opportunities utilizing the SPIN funding database
- Proposal development and management
- Reviewing budgets in InfoEd
Research Compliance, Integrity and Safety
- Support Documents
- NIU faculty and staff: Click InfoEd's eResearch Portal to login using your NIU credentials.
- NIU students: Click InfoEd's eResearch Portal to login using your NIU credentials. Please note, if you are employed by the university, your login should be your employee account (A-ID). All other students should use their student account (Z-ID). If you receive a message that your account is not found, please contact email@example.com to have your profile created or updated.
- Non-NIU affiliates: Click login, enter your username and password, click sign in.
Need further assistance? Email firstname.lastname@example.org