Northern Illinois Center for Accelerator and Detector Development
We're dedicated to the research and development of new particle accelerator and detector technologies. These advances help ensure the vitality and future of particle physics.
Our members collaborate with colleagues at Argonne National Laboratory, Fermilab, the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) and other institutions on a number of research projects. These resources allow us to provide valuable research opportunities to the many NIU students who assist us with our work.
Our research focuses on a range of subject areas and includes the following:
- Studies of the dynamics of very intense particle beams.
- Development and design of particle beams, accelerators, beam diagnostics detectors and algorithms.
- Participation in world-leading collider experiments.
- Development of detectors and detector technologies for use in high-energy physics experiments and medical physics.
Congratulations to our inaugural 2022 winners!
- Thesis Award winner: Prudhvi N. Bhattiprolu
- Signal-Background Analysis for New Physics at Particle Colliders and the Criteria for its Discovery
- Undergraduate Research Award winner: August Lee
- A Study of Vector Boson Fusion of di-Higgs to Two Bottom Quarks and Two Photons