The Disability Resource Center (DRC) uses the definition of disability as stated in Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, and the ADA Amendments Act of 2008.
The mission of the DRC is to create an accessible and inclusive learning environment where disability is recognized as an aspect of diversity in the campus community and society.
The goals and objectives are to:
- Promote and facilitate access through creative outreach and training, collaborative partnerships, innovative programs, and proactive solutions;
- Create inclusive environments by engaging and supporting the campus community in progressive system change;
- Increase the recruitment, transition, retention and graduation of students with disabilities;
- Consult regarding reducing barriers for persons with disabilities; and
- Ensure the effective delivery of accommodations.