Nonprofit and NGO Studies Major

Declaring Nonprofit and NGO Studies as Your Major

Incoming Freshman or Transfer Student

If you are an incoming freshman or a transfer student and want to declare Nonprofit and NGO Studies as your major, you simply need to do so when you submit your application to NIU. If you have questions before declaring the major, you are welcome to contact us by email or call 815-753-4410.

Current NIU Student

If you are currently enrolled at NIU and would like to declare Nonprofit & NGO Studies as your major, a “Change of Major” form is required. In order to complete this short form, you will need to make an appointment with our academic advisor. You can make this appointment by calling the center at (815) 753-4410.

The Center for Nonprofit & NGO Studies is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.