Center for Nonprofit and NGO Studies
"All Things Local" is a podcast by Alicia Schatteman, Ph.D. who interviews local public service scholars and professionals about their work on a wide range of topics and issues affecting local towns, villages, cities and neighborhoods in Northern Illinois. You can listen online or via your preferred podcast platform.
- Northern Illinois Center for Nonprofit Excellence (NICNE), a program of NIU’s Outreach, Engagement, and Regional Development based in Rockford, strengthens nonprofits by providing education, training, technical assistance, and assessments, and encourages collaboration resulting in a strong, vibrant nonprofit sector critical to a healthy community.
- Huskies Get Hired connects students who are seeking internships and jobs with employers who have open positions. Employers can request free access to the Huskies Get Hired system to post jobs and internships, view candidates’ application materials online and invite candidates to interview, set up on-campus interviewing schedules, register for career fairs, browse published resumes to invite applicants to apply for your positions and request to schedule campus information sessions.
- Government, Public and Social Services, Health and Wellness Fair is an invite-only event for employers. The fair is designed to provide an opportunity for employers to engage with students interested in government, public and social services, health and wellness-related career paths for potential recruitment for internship and full-time hiring needs. For additional registration information and questions, please contact Career Services at email@example.com or 815-753-1641.
- Need volunteers? Advertise your organization’s volunteer opportunities to NIU students by completing an online form.
- NIU Cares Day is a campus-wide day of community service. Volunteers will spend the day planting, painting, cleaning, sorting, assisting with events and various other tasks around the county. Volunteer teams will be assigned to project sites according to the needs of the organizations and the experience level of the teams.
- Post your event/program at NIU campus! All flyers/posters on campus are regulated by the university. Only Student Association recognized student organizations in good standing and university departments may request approval to place posters on campus bulletin boards. Contact the Center for Nonprofit and NGO Studies to determine if we can partner with your nonprofit organization and then we can request approval to advertise your activity on campus.
- DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership (DCNP) is an initiative of the DeKalb County Community Foundation that seeks to strengthen the nonprofit sector through leadership, professional development and collaboration.
- Volunteer Center for McHenry County serves nonprofits in McHenry County by providing volunteers, training and other resources.
- Giving DuPage promotes giving and volunteering in DuPage County.
- Forefront Illinois state nonprofit association providing education, advocacy, and leadership representing both grantmakers and nonprofits.
- Illinois Attorney General – Charitable Trust Bureau valuable information and tips on donating wisely. Charitable organizations and professional fund-raisers will find specific information on reporting requirements, rules and statutes, and the forms necessary for registering and reporting as required by law.
- Office of the Illinois Secretary of State – Not-for-Profit Corporations business services for nonprofits to incorporate in the state of Illinois including information about articles of incorporation, state administrative rules and related publications, forms and fees.
- National Council of Nonprofits is a trusted resource and advocate for the America’s nonprofit sector.
- IRS – Charities and Nonprofits provides information about tax exemption, annual filing and forms, tax-exempt organization search, and other educational resources for staying tax exempt. Subscribe to their Exempt Organizations Update newsletter.