- Blacks at the Net: Blacks Achievements in the History of Tennis, Volume Two. Syracuse University Press, 2008.
- Blacks at the Net: Blacks Achievements in the History of Tennis, Volume One. Syracuse University Press, 2006.
- The Bamana Empire by the Niger: Kingdom, Jihad and Colonization, 1712-1920. Markus Wiener Publishers, 1996.
- "Racial Politics in the History of American Tennis." Routledge Handbook of Tennis: History, Culture and Politics. London: Routledge, 2019.
- "Game, Set, and Separatism: The American Tennis Association, a Tennis Vanguard," in David K. Wiggins and Ryan Swanson, eds., Separate Games: African American Sport Behind the Walls of Segregation. Fayetteville: University of Arkansas Press, 2016.
- "Arthur Ashe," in Steven A. Riess, ed., Sports in America: From Colonial Times to the Twenty-First Century. Sharpe Reference, 2011.
- "African Americans in Sports: The Other Champions," in Robert L. Harris Jr. and Rosalyn Terborg-Penn, eds. The Columbia Guide to African American History since 1939. New York: Columbia University Press, 2006.
- Viva a Liberdade: The Brazilian Naval Revolt of 1910," Journal of Caribbean Studies, 11 (Winter/Spring 1996): 39-56.
- "Madison Avenue Ignores the Black Consumer," Business and Society Review, 62 (Winter 1987): 9-13.
- HIST 270 African-American History to 1865
- HIST 271 African-American History Since 1865
- HIST 348 African History to 1600
- HIST 349 African History Since 1600
- HIST 353 Women in African History
- HIST 354 Black Business and Entrepreneurship
- HIST 355 History of Black American Music
- HIST 363 U. S. Sport History
- HIST 375 Civil Rights Movement, 1954-1974
- HIST 390 Film & History
- IDSP 219 Introduction to African Studies
- Center for Black Studies
- Center for Southeast Asian Studies
- Center for the Study of Women, Gender and Sexuality
- College of Business
- School of Music
Ph.D., University of Illinois
12:30-1:30 p.m. (in person)