- Division of Student Affairs
- Center for Student Assistance
Center for Student Assistance
The Center for Student Assistance is here to support you during your time at NIU, whether you're on campus or studying online. We can provide you with resources and information or direct you someone who can assist you. If you're facing a difficult situation or need help addressing an issue that affects your personal or academic life, contact us at 815-753-8300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Getting Help for Yourself
Some of the issues and needs we can assist you with are:
- Student Emergency Fund
- Pregnancy and childcare
- Food and housing
- Advocacy and victim services
- Mental health
- Military and Veteran Services
- Commuter and Off-Campus Programs
Read more about our resources for students.
Getting Help for Someone Else
If you have concerns about an NIU student, we can help. Here are some campus resources to be aware of:
- Office of the Ombudsperson (conflict resolution)
- Counseling and Consultation Services (mental health support)
- Disability Resource Center (accommodations for disabilities)
We also have a committee dedicated to helping students in distress. You can fill out a form to let our team know about a student who may need assistance or support.
Learn more about:
Looking for information about COVID-19 testing for students living in the residence halls? Check the Housing and Residential Services website for the latest details.
Looking for information about COVID-19 surveillance testing on campus? Check the Protecting the Pack website for the latest details.