NIU values the partnership we have with our families of students. Families play such an important role in the life of our students and we are excited for you to become a part of the Huskie Family as your student takes on this great adventure!
Family Connections goals:
- Communicate regularly with family members of all NIU students.
- Help family members understand the collegiate experience and ways to support student learning/success.
- Provide educational opportunities for family members of new students which include the changing dynamic of relationships, student development and growth in college, and how best to communicate with NIU.
- Ensure accurate information about university services and resources designed to help students be successful.
- Enable opportunities for families to participate in the NIU community.
- Foster connections between families and the NIU community to promote the success of students.