Theatre Arts Camp - Senior
July 14-19, 2019
Grades 9-12 (grade completion)
Reach your theatrical goals with Theatre Arts Camp Senior! Each day, you'll rehearse for a production and perform it for your family and friends at the end of the week. This year's theme is "The Eighties!"
The other activities you'll enjoy include:
- Daily workshops
- Acting classes
- Theatre games
- Improvisation exercises
You'll stay in Gilbert Hall during camp. We'll send you a packet of camp information in early June.
- Improvisation exercises: Learn how to think on your feet and warm up for the day's activities.
- Acting scenes: Work on specific acting techniques and exercises.
- Production rehearsals: You'll be assigned to a production and rehearse with the same group and director all week.
- Workshops: You'll participate in a different workshop each day. You'll receive information about choosing workshops about a month before the start of camp.
- Talent show (optional): Show your stuff! There's a three-minute time limit on performances.
- Improv Olympics: Perform improvisation exercises with your team to win a Tony, Oscar, Golden Globe or Emmy.
- DJ dance party on the last night of camp.
Registration fee: $650
Early bird registration fee: $600 (postmarked June 1 or earlier)
Returning camper and family discount: $25 (for campers who have previously attended Theatre Arts Camp, and the children and grandchildren of NIU students, staff and faculty members)
Camp fills quickly, so register early! You can register online or by mail. You'll pay a $100 deposit when you register (unless applying for a summer camp scholarship). The remaining balance is due on June 14.
Our Theatre Arts Camp Senior staff is composed of talented NIU faculty and students, alumni, guest artists and area teachers. The ratio of campers to staff members is about 12:1. Staff members are assigned to each residence hall floor and accompany campers to all meals and activities.
- Kendra Holton (Camp Co-Director)
- Nathan Wyman (Camp Co-Director)
- Jessica Arends
- Nick Benz
- Hannah Gilbert
- Bryant Hayes
- Izzy Hepker
- Daniel Kies
- John Morefield
- Jessie Roark
- Matthew Romriell
A general overview of the camp schedule is below. You'll receive a more detailed schedule when you check in.
|Date and Time||Activity||Location|
Sunday, July 14
First, take your luggage to Gilbert Hall. Next, go to the nearby Music Building to pick up camp materials. Free parking is available in front of Gilbert Hall and in the lot south of the Music Building.
Sunday, July 14
Terrace behind Gilbert Hall
Parents are welcome at this orientation session with camp directors and staff
Sunday, July 14 to Friday, July 19
|Friday, July 19
O'Connell Theatre (Stevens Building)
After the performance, pick up your luggage from Gilbert Hall.