Costs, Payments and Discounts
Music Classes and Ensembles
|Class / Ensemble||Spring and Fall
|Prelude and Development||$120||$240||$80|
|Piano Starter for Children||$135||$270||$85|
|Adult Piano: Square One Piano||$135||$270||$85|
|Adult Piano: Piano Forte||$135||$270||$85|
|Guitar Basics for Adults||$135||$270||$90|
|Intermediate Guitar for Adults||$135||$270||$90|
|Guitar for Kids||$135||$270||$90|
|Fall Only/Spring Only (14 Private Lessons)||Fall and Spring Semesters 28 Private Lessons|
|Level||30 Min||45 Min||60 Min||30 Min||45 Min||60 Min|
Summer Semester (six private lessons)
|Level||30 Minutes||45 Mintues||60 Mintues|
|14 Private Lessons and Groups Fall Only/Spring Only||28 Private Lessons and Groups Fall and Spring Semesters|
We offer an installment plan in the fall and spring semesters. In order to participate in an installment plan:
- Your total balance must be no less than $100.
- Your first payment must be made by credit card on the date you register.
Installment payments are allowed through the first four weeks of the semester. After that, full payment is expected.
If you add new classes or lessons after your first installment payment, you must use a new registration form. The new classes or lessons are not eligible for the installment plan. Full payment is due when you submit the form.
Credit Card Information
The person who makes the first payment is responsible for all installment payments. We are unable to split charges among multiple payees. We cannot accept a credit card that expires before the date of the final payment. You must inform us if your credit card changes during the payment period.
If we are unable to process a credit card at the time a payment is due, we will inform the card holder. If you do not provide us with new credit card information or payment within two weeks, your teacher will be asked to stop lessons.
Payment Due Dates
If you are paying four installments through the fall and spring semesters, these due dates apply to you:
Second installment: Oct. 15
Third installment: Jan. 15
Fourth installment: Feb. 28
If you registered for a fall activity and a fall/spring activity on the same registration form, please note the following:
- Fall activities must be paid in full by the due date of the second installment.
- Fall/spring activities must be paid in full by the due date of the fourth installment.
- Installments will not be equal.
Refunds and Withdrawals
When you submit a registration form, you commit the student to a full semester of lessons. If a student decides to stop taking lessons after the semester has started, the student or parent must inform us in writing. Giving notice to the teacher is not sufficient.
We will give refunds for private music lessons and Suzuki lessons that have not taken place. You must give us the withdrawal letter before the fourth week of lessons.
There are no refunds for classes, workshops, ensembles, parking passes or registration fees.
You are eligible for a discount if you:
- Register more than one family member for an activity on one form
- Register one person for two or more activities on one form
- Are 65 years or older
The discount is $25 when you register for one semester and $60 when you register for two semesters (fall and spring) on the same registration form.
To qualify for the discount in fall, you must register by the second installment payment date and in spring by the fourth installment payment date.
- Discounts may not be combined.
- Art Express classes do not count toward discount eligibility.
You will pay a nonrefundable registration fee of $15 per person. This fee helps us cover many expenses, including the cost of employee background checks required by NIU.
- The fee is paid once during the school year and once in summer.
- Fall students are not charged the fee when they return in the spring.
- The fee for one person registering for multiple activities is $15.
- The fee for two siblings registered on one form is $30.
- Community School of the Arts