Installing the NIU Security Certificate in IE and Chrome
The NIU Security Certificate will prevent warning messages when opening NIU web-based applications requiring authentication.
Install the certificate on each browser except Chrome. Certificates installed on IE are automatically installed on Chrome. For example, a certificate installed on Internet Explorer will not work for Firefox and vice-versa. Note that your screens may be drawn differently.
- Download the NIU Security Certificate: NIUCA2.der
- A File Download window will open.
- On the File Download window, select "Open this file from its current location" and then select "OK."
- The Certificate window will open. Select "Install Certificate..."
- The Certificate Import Wizard will open. Select "Next."
- In the Certificate Store screen, select "Place all certificates in the following store" and then select"Browse..."
- At the "Select Certificate Store" window, select "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" and then select "OK."
- At the Certificate Store screen, note that the "Certificate store:" prompt lists "Trusted Root Certification Authorities." Select "Next" to continue.
- At the Completing the Certificate Import Wizard screen, select "Finish."
- A Root Certificate Store confirmation box will appear. Select"Yes" to install the certificate.
- The Certificate Import Wizard will notify you that "The import was successful." Select "OK" to finish.
- Close and restart Internet Explorer.
- The security certificate is now installed.