Board of Advisors
Our Board of Advisors support the faculty, staff and students in achieving the mission of the department. The role of the BOA is to:
- Work with the faculty, staff, and students to enhance our tradition of excellence.
- Disseminate news and achievements of the department to appropriate constituent groups.
- Provide feedback and perspectives to the department chair and faculty regarding program initiatives, events, and curriculum.
- Support the program by:
- Promoting the profession of public management in the public and nonprofit sectors
- Supporting program initiatives through ongoing relationships with Northern Illinois University administration and public officials in local, state, federal, and nonprofit agencies
- Identifying internship and job opportunities for students
- Supporting program fundraising activities to fund MPA scholarships and assistantships
- Individual service.
Members serve at invitation of the department chair, with advice from a nominating committee of board members, for a three-year term, with the option for one additional renewal term. One board member serves as chair for the meetings, with a one-year appointment at invitation of the department chair.