Going to class matters! Attendance Matters is an initiative designed to help our students understand the importance of attending class and connect students with academic resources. If we see a pattern developing, we will check on students who are missing too many classes - just to make sure things are going well.
Why is class attendance important?
- You retain more when you listen to your instructor; missing just one day could put you behind.
- Your teacher explains material better than you can learn it yourself.
- There's a direct correlation between going to class and doing well in it.
- Your attendance shows your professor the class is important to you.
- You are paying to be in class.
- If your grade is borderline, your teacher may give you extra points for good attendance.
- If you don't go to class, you might miss a pop quiz.
Courses & Scheduling
- Office of Student Engagement and Experiential Learning
- Student Involvement and Leadership Development
- Career Services