Attending class regularly maximizes educational opportunities and enhances personal growth. So, study hard Huskies, stay focused and you will succeed.Megan Small Junior, Visual Communications
Going to class matters! Attendance Matters is an initiative designed to help our students understand the importance of attending class and connect students with academic resources. If we see a pattern developing, we will check on students who are missing too many classes - just to make sure things are going well.
Why is class attendance important?
- You retain more when you listen to your instructor; missing just one day could put you behind.
- Your teacher explains material better than you can learn it yourself.
- There's a direct correlation between going to class and doing well in it.
- Your attendance shows your professor the class is important to you.
- You are paying to be in class.
- If your grade is borderline, your teacher may give you extra points for good attendance.
- If you don't go to class, you might miss a pop quiz.
Courses & Scheduling
- Office of Student Engagement and Experiential Learning
- Student Involvement and Leadership Development
- Career Services