Need a meeting room for your organization's upcoming event? We have a number of rooms available on campus in Grant, Neptune and Stevenson residence halls.
Can I request a reservation?
- Your organization must be recognized by the Student Association.
- Everyone participating in your event must follow the Residence Hall Handbook and the Student Code of Conduct.
- You can't bring any outside food, but you can have Campus Dining cater your event (and they have a huge catering menu!)
- You must be able to explain how your event benefits the residents of the hall where you are requesting that your event be held.
- Your organization must be affiliated with NIU.
|Grant D Formal Room 133||Computer, projector, sound.|
|Neptune Northeast Room 110|
|Neptune Southeast Room 109||Computer, projector, sound.|
|Neptune Smart Classroom 120||Computer, projector, sound.|
|Stevenson North (C/D) Fishbowl 103|
|Stevenson North Multipurpose Room 113||Computer, projector, sound.|
|Stevenson South (A/B) Fishbowl 185|
|Stevenson South Smart Classroom 175||Computer, projector, sound.|
- We reserve the right to modify your request after confirmation at any time based on the needs of Housing and Residential Services.
- You must make a request at least five business days before your event. Two weeks' notice is preferred.
- Rooms are available Monday through Friday 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday noon to 11 p.m.
- Your meeting must be contained in the space your have requested, and cannot promote an open door atmosphere style event. All participants must be contained in your requested meeting room space and cannot spill out into other public areas during your scheduled time. At the conclusion of your meeting, all non-residence hall participants must leave the applicable complex, or be registered as an invited guest of a resident.
- Fronting is not allowed. Fronting is defined as an eligible campus-based user, student organization, or individual reserving a space for another person or group. Misrepresentation of the identity of the true client for any reason is prohibited and may result in fees, possible loss of future scheduling privileges and/or student conduct referrals.
- Transparency/full disclosure of event activity is critical to event success. While we respect your privacy, full disclosure of event details and plans are necessary to ensure appropriate assignment of space, event support, and usage of space. Failure to fully disclose event activity may result in additional clean up fees, possible loss of future scheduling privileges and/or student conduct referrals for the registered student organization.
- You may not bring in any equipment to amplify sound/music in the requested space.