Procurement Services and Contract Management
The department of Procurement Service and Contract Management supports the procurement and contract requirements of Northern Illinois University (NIU) by:
- Providing a wide range of goods and services including, but not limited to, commodities, equipment, software, furnishings, construction/renovation and professional/artistic services
- Adhere to all requirements of the Illinois Procurement Code, the Procurement Rules of the chief procurement officer for Public Institutions of Higher Education, Minority and Women Business Enterprise Act, applicable federal/state laws and regulations and university policies and procedures
- Review and negotiate agreements requiring distinct, two-party signed agreements documenting specific terms and conditions covering the procurement of goods and services by NIU
- Purchase orders support such agreements, which then allow suppliers to submit invoices for payment
- Fundamental to effective, thorough contract management are the management of risk and the establishment of general terms and conditions for all purchases
We are a team of inspired professionals committed to excellence. We foster a creative environment that supports the NIU mission. We strive to meet our customers’ needs with innovative solutions and quality support. Honesty, integrity, courtesy, and courage are our highest values.