- Controller’s Office
- Reports and Forms
Reports and Forms
Below are business forms for submission of financial transactions to the Financial Management System. These are Excel and Word files.
Credit Card Journal (XLS) Rev. 7/14/08
Journal Entry - Long (XLS)
Journal Entry - Short (XLS)
Scholarship Form (XLSX)
Scholarship Form - Foundation (XLSX)
- Account Code List (XLS)
Fulllisting of detail Account Codes for Revenues, Expenses, Assets, Liabilities, and Equity.
- Account Code Quick List (XLS)
List of the most commonly used Expense Account Codes.
- Cost Center Listing (XLSx)
List of full Fund Source Information (Fund, Cost Center, Class and where applicable, Project/Grant) for each Cost Center and Project/Grant.
- HR Account Quick List (XLS)
List of Account Codes used in processing Payroll charges.
- Journal Helper (XLS)
A worksheet aid for finding full Fund Source information.
- Reporting Tree - Bond Revenue (PDF)
Hierarchical listing of Bond Revenue Cost Centers grouped by organization structure.
- Security Tree - NIU (PDF)
Hierarchical listing of NIU Cost Centers grouped by organization structure.
- Sample HR Detail w/Overtime Reporting (XLS)
Sample Personnel Service Detail Report showing how
overtimeis included in the report.
- Sample FSR with Fund 41 (XLS)
Sampleof Fund 41 on the Financial Summary Report
Important Note: On Aug. 27, 2021, links on the Organizational Report Index were updated to reflect the new locations of reports due to the relocation of the university divisional and department reports. If you use desktop shortcuts, browser favorites, network links or mapped drives, you may need to update these references using the updated Organizational Report Index.
If a user only logs into their local workstation or logs into a domain other than NIUNT, the user will be challenged with a login prompt when initially accessing a report directory.
All users have a Windows NIUNT managed by DoIT. If you are having access problems, contact the Service Desk.
DoIT provides a password checker function on the Password Self-Service.
It may be necessary for you to visit the DoIT Accounts page and change your password according to DoIT password specifications to force a password synchronization and to ensure that the password conforms to DoIT guidelines. Users may contact the help desk at 815-753-8100 for assistance regarding their NIU login ID and password.
- The Organizational Report Index Document and associated WEB financial report directories have been updated to reflect the new university structure as of the close of business Wednesday, Aug. 27, 2021.
- FY 2022 Period 3 Summary, Period Detail, Obligation, Accounts Receivable, Human Resources and current Budget Detail Reports with activity posted through 9/24/2021 were added to the web on 9/25/2021 at 3:30 p.m.
- FY 2022 Period 2 Summary, Period Detail, Obligation, Accounts Receivable, Human Resources and current Budget Detail Reports with activity posted through 9/9/21 were added to the web on 9/9/2021 at 9:30 p.m.
- FY 2021 Period 12 Summary, Period Detail, Obligation, Accounts Receivable, Human Resources and current Budget Detail Reports with activity posted through 9/16/2021 were added to the web on 9/16/2021 at 10:30 p.m.
- FY 2021 Period 12 Summary, Period Detail, Obligation, Accounts Receivable, Human Resources and current Budget Detail Reports with activity posted through 8/13/2021 were added to the web on 8/13/2021 at midnight.
- All files are named to provide distinctive names within the 21 character web filename limitation. The following are the report naming conventions:
Where OOOOOOO is the cost center, FF is the fund, YYYY is the fiscal year, PP is the accounting period, N designates an NIU developed report layout, and RRR is the report name as follows: FSR - Financial Summary Report, HRS - Human Resources Period To Date, OBL - Obligations Period To Date, PRD - Period Actuals Detail.
Organizational Report Index (Last updated Aug. 27, 2021)
These files require log-in with NIU faculty/staff or student ID and password in order to download.
Saving and Accessing Files
- Click on the desired form name.
- At the prompt save it to disk, navigate to the appropriate folder to save the file and save it.
- Minimize the browser and go to the folder where the file has been saved.
- Double click on the file to execute Excel and load the form.
Some adjustments and minor page tuning for your particular workstation and printer(s) may be necessary depending on your video resolution and printer characteristics.
General Notes Regarding Forms
- To access Word or Excel files, please use Office 2000, Office XP, or Office 2003. The macro security level for Office 2000, XP, or 2003 needs to be set to Medium for the forms to function properly.
- For Internet Explorer 6.0 and higher browser, the forms may be opened and completed in the browser. The macro buttons are fully functional in the browser. Be sure to save your completed form for your records.
- The PDF versions require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher installed on your system.
Download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat.