Utilize campus, community, and corporate partnerships to establish relationships, which will allow the pantry to be more financially and environmentally sustainable.
- Reach out to Northern Illinois Food Bank and establish a relationship.
- Establish corporate relationships through Northern Illinois Food Bank’s Direct Connect program and proactive relationship-building.
- Reach out to Food Recovery Network and establish a relationship.
- Partner with Campus Dining Services to establish consistent methods by which food can be rescued and utilized in the food pantry.
- Work with Communiversity Gardens to review and maximize partnerships.
- Identify appropriate NIU and community organizations to assist in determining the best methods by which to garner funding for the food pantry.
- Build relationships with student organizations to establish a reliable volunteer support base.
- Identify grant opportunities to support capacity building and other initiatives.