COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Response
- Career Services is currently closed for in-person visits. All of our services are available online.
- Students can also e-mail email@example.com with your name, z-ID, major, email address and phone number and we will contact you to assist with your needs.
- If you are in need of technology platform accommodations, you are encouraged to put this information in your email.
- Need help with resume writing? Check out our convenient self-serve resources. We'll also offer online group Q&A sessions about resume writing, as well as online workshops about resume writing and a variety of career topics. Visit our events page to learn more; workshops will be added throughout the semester. A limited number of online resume review appointments are also available; call 815-753-1642 to schedule an appointment
- Online appointments are typically available between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Mondays-Fridays. We offer:
- Career Checkups (customized career planning recommendations).
- Career decision-making help.
- Internship and job search planning.
- Career fair preparation.
- Graduate school planning.
- Interview skills preparation.
- Mock interviews.
- LinkedIn profile reviews.
- Resume reviews.
- Graduation Checkout appointments to help students prepare for life after NIU.
- Explore our website to learn about upcoming career fairs and opportunities to connect with employers.
- Get advice and strategies related to job and internship searches during COVID-19.
- For employers or others with questions about engaging with us, please email CareerServices@niu.edu and we'll reach out to you to assist with your needs.
Discovering your career path begins at Career Services. We're here to help you connect your major to a career that interests you. From creating your resume and cover letter to connecting with employers, our staff will help prepare you for career success. We offer a range of resources and services to guide you at each stage of your career preparation. Contact us to get started on your journey.