- Procurement Services and Contract Management
- Card Services
Commercial Card Programs
Card Services administers the university's Commercial Card Programs. The programs are designed to provide full-time faculty, staff and graduate student employees an efficient, cost-effective method for making business-related purchases on behalf of the university. In addition, it offers a process for individuals to make travel arrangements without obligating personal funds. Benefits include fast and convenient purchasing, reduced paper usage, fewer cash transactions, and streamlined procurement and payable processes.
- PaymentNet Mobile Quick Start Guide
- Online Application
- Commercial Card Programs Reference Material (PDF)
- Procedures for using Foundation funding (PDF)
- Application User Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
Report a Lost/Stolen Commercial Card
To report your commercial card lost or stolen, immediately call J.P. Morgan Chase at 800-270-7760. Also, you should notify Card Services at email@example.com. J.P. Morgan Chase will deactivate the card and reissue a new one.
NIU Amazon Business Account
This online resource provides a tool for commercial cardholders to manage their essential, mission-critical purchases by utilizing Amazon’s wide product selection and competitive prices. The university’s centralized business account offers the following benefits:
- Free two-day shipping on Prime-eligible items.
- Automatic tax-exempt purchasing on items sold by Amazon.com LLC and participating third-party sellers.
- Business-specific pricing, including quantity discounts on eligible items.
- Average savings of 5-7% across the Amazon marketplace.
- Access to a specialized Amazon Business Customer Service team,
New cardholders will receive an invitation from firstname.lastname@example.org to join the NIU Amazon Business Account, once they pick up their cards. Detailed information on using the account is contained in the links below:
Complete the Request for Change to Account form if you need to:
- Add or delete a cost center
- Add or delete an Approving Manager
- Add or delete a Proxy
- Decrease a credit limit permanently or temporarily
- Increase a credit limit to no more than $25,000/month permanently or temporarily
Complete a Request for Exception form if you need to:
- Increase the single transaction dollar limit for a one-time purchase
- Increase the monthly transaction dollar limit for a one-time purchase
- Request permission to purchase a prohibited item
- Increase credit limit to more than $25,000/month permanently or temporarily
Request for Exception (PDF)
- Commercial Card Agreement (new electronic form effective April 1, 2021)
- Commercial Card Return (PDF)
- Declining Balance Card Application (PDF)
- Equipment Form and Instructions (PDF)
- JPMC Journal Entry Form (XLS) and Instructions (PDF)
- Request to Add Grant (PDF)
New program participants are required to complete training prior to the distribution of cards. Training sessions will be conducted via Microsoft Teams.