- Health Services
- Student Health Insurance
Student Health Insurance
Enroll or Waive the NIU Student Insurance
Student Health Insurance enrollment/waiver period is now open. You can either accept the NIU Student Health Insurance Plan or you can waive out of the plan.
- Visit the Aetna enrollment/waiver website
- You will not be able to access the enrollment/waiver site until 48 business hours after you have enrolled in spring classes.
- Login using your ZID (include the "Z" ex. Z17… or Z18…) and the password is your birthdate.
- The last day to enroll or waive the insurance is Monday, Jan. 27, 2020.
- You will receive a confirmation after you fill out the enrollment or waiver form.
Please note that if you do not waive in the NIU Plan and are taking at least nine on-campus hours, you will be automatically enrolled in the plan and the premium will be billed to your tuition account.
The NIU student health insurance plan is through Aetna and is a PPO.
The cost and benefits of the NIU plan will stay the same for the 2019-20 school year.
|Benefits||2019-20 School Year|
|Doctor's Office Copay||$10 (annual deductible does not apply)|
|Benefits||2018-19 School Year|
|High Cost Drugs||20% co-insurance with a min cost of $100 and a max cost of $200|
|Most Birth Control||100% coverage|
If you have any questions, please contact us at 815-753-0122, email@example.com or visit our office in the Health Services Building, room 201.
Delta Dental and Vision Insurance
As of Oct. 1 2018, NIU has collaborated with Delta Insurance to provided dental and vision coverage to NIU students. Learn more about coverage options. NIU does not receive any remuneration nor does it guarantee the plan and/or program. Delta Insurance is available directly to students of NIU