AIM HIGH scholarships are eligible for renewal based on the following criteria:
- Full-time enrollment.
- Maintaining an NIU cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher.
- Filing a FAFSA by the December 1 priority date.
- Meeting the family income threshold for the respective FAFSA income year.
- Making Satisfactory Academic Progress. Please see policy for detailed information.
- Meeting all other AIM HIGH criteria.
Some NIU merit scholarships have a higher GPA renewal criteria than the AIM HIGH minimum.
Most new freshman AIM HIGH scholarships are renewable until 135 credit hours have been earned or the first NIU degree has been completed.
Transfer AIM HIGH scholarships are renewable until 135 credit hours have been earned, including transferred hours, or completion of the first NIU degree.
The City Colleges of Chicago STAR Scholarship is renewable for one additional year. All other NIU Partner scholarships are one-time, non-renewable awards.