- Northern Illinois Center for Accelerator and Detector Development
- Research Projects
Accelerator and Beam Physics
The accelerator and beam physics group develops tools that produce and accelerate intense charged-particle beams, and investigates dynamical processes that influence the beams' evolution.
High Energy Physics
Efforts in high energy physics at NIU include participation in the D0, Muon g-2, Mu2e, DUNE and REDTOP experiments at Fermilab, as well as the ATLAS experiment at CERN.
The detector development group is involved in the development of hardware and software for use in future experiments.
Efforts in medical physics at NIU include proton radiology, proton computed tomography (pCT) and particle therapy system design.
- American Institute of Physics (AIP)
- American Physical Society (APS)
- National Academy of Sciences (NAS)
- Particle Data Group (PDG)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Office of Science and Technology Policy/White House (OSTP)