Sergey A. Uzunyan
Senior Research Scientist
- Ph.D., Physics, Northern Illinois University, 2006.
- M.S., Physics, Moscow Engineering Physics Institute, 1993.
- High energy physics.
- Research and computing.
- Prepared the Physical Review Letters publication "Search for Third Generation Scalar Leptoquarks" (published in Phys. Rev. Lett. 99:061801, 2007).
- Working on search for SM Higgs boson using D0 data. Responsible for the development, support and modification of the NICADD computing framework.
- Conducted analysis of the D0 data: "A Search for Charge 1/3 Third Generation Leptoquarks In Muon Channels" (Ph.D., NIU, 2006).
- Worked for Northern Illinois Center for Accelerator and Detector Development since 2002.
- Developed the computational cluster for the NICADD detector and accelerator groups ($200,000 project).
- Member of the D0 collaboration, FNAL, U.S., since 1999.
- Developed and implemented fast stub-finding algorithms for the D0 L2 muon Trigger (VME based hardware and TI DSP processors).
- Joined CMS collaboration at the European Laboratory for Particle Physics (CERN), Switzerland.
- Involved with the study and design of the Very Forward calorimeter module.
- MIS ITEP experiment, Institute for High Energy Physics, Protvino, Russia.
- Calibrated and installed the electromagnetic calorimeter for the experiment.
- Worked out the algorithm for analysis of calorimeter information, coded and tested it.
Department of Physics
Faraday Hall, room 230
Nothern Illinois University
DeKalb, IL 60115