Sergey A. Uzunyan
Senior Research Scientist
- Ph.D., Physics, Northern Illinois University, 2006.
- M.S., Physics, Moscow Engineering Physics Institute, 1993.
- High energy physics.
- Research and computing.
- Prepared the Physical Review Letters publication "Search for Third Generation Scalar Leptoquarks" (published in Phys. Rev. Lett. 99:061801, 2007).
- Working on search for SM Higgs boson using D0 data. Responsible for the development, support and modification of the NICADD computing framework.
- Conducted analysis of the D0 data: "A Search for Charge 1/3 Third Generation Leptoquarks In Muon Channels" (Ph.D., NIU, 2006).
- Worked for Northern Illinois Center for Accelerator and Detector Development since 2002.
- Developed the computational cluster for the NICADD detector and accelerator groups ($200,000 project).
- Member of the D0 collaboration, FNAL, U.S., since 1999.
- Developed and implemented fast stub-finding algorithms for the D0 L2 muon Trigger (VME based hardware and TI DSP processors).
- Joined CMS collaboration at the European Laboratory for Particle Physics (CERN), Switzerland.
- Involved with the study and design of the Very Forward calorimeter module.
- MIS ITEP experiment, Institute for High Energy Physics, Protvino, Russia.
- Calibrated and installed the electromagnetic calorimeter for the experiment.
- Worked out the algorithm for analysis of calorimeter information, coded and tested it.
Department of Physics
Faraday Hall, room 230
Nothern Illinois University
DeKalb, IL 60115
Contact UsNorthern Illinois Center for Accelerator and Detector Development
LaTourette Hall, room 202