Mathematics Assistance Center
Math Assistance Center Coordinator and Lead Tutor
Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Founders Library, Learning Commons (Ground Floor)
Schedule a 10-min Informational Presentation About MAC Assistance
Math is an intriguing and sometimes challenging subject that requires you to master language and notation. Therefore, it’s helpful to practice with other people.
Free, in-person tutoring is available to all students with a OneCard in the Math Assistance Center (MAC), located in Founders Learning Commons. You can drop in without an appointment and work on your difficult homework problems and learn test-taking and study strategies that make you more confident in your abilities to learn new concepts.
In the MAC, you can also:
- Borrow calculators for tests, quizzes, or homework.
- Find office supplies such as binders, paper, pencils, staplers, three-hole punches and pencil sharpeners.
- Use available textbooks which correspond with your class.
- Get study guides, mock tests, and problem sets for extra practice.
- Enjoy freshly brewed coffee!
Space and tutor availability is dependent on staffing and student demand, so it is best to visit the MAC early and often rather than wait until periods of high demand times around midterms and finals.