Sept. 3, 2020; 9-11 a.m.
Presented by Jhmira Alexander, M.P.A., President, Public Narrative
Description: Every organization needs to plan how to communicate internally and externally in the event of a crisis. Learn what your first response should be. Learn the key elements in addressing your employees, clients, key stakeholders and the general public. Learn how to effectively share your message through social media outlets. Gain an understanding of what to consider immediately after the crisis is over and in the upcoming months, and learn how to address various situations that may arise. (This workshop qualifies for the nonprofit partner discounted rate for registrants associated with Giving DuPage.)
- Learn the differences between handling regular issues and handling a crisis.
- Learn what your first response should be as an organization.
- Learn what to say and what not to say.
- Learn ways to respond to awkward situations or uncertainty.
- Learn how to respond quickly and confidently to a crisis.
- Learn what to consider and do after a crisis is over.
Addresses ICMA Practice Areas
1. Personal and Professional Integrity
2. Community Engagement
4. Staff Effectiveness
5. Personal Resiliency and Development
6. Strategic Leadership
9. Community and Resident Service
10. Service Delivery
13. Human Resources Management and Workforce Engagement
14. Communication and Information Sharing