Northern Illinois Center for
Accelerator and Detector Development (NICADD)
NICADD is dedicated to the research and development of new particle accelerator and detector technologies. These advances will help ensure the vitality and future of particle physics.
- studies of the dynamics of very intense particle beams
- development and design of
- particle beams
- beam diagnostics detectors and algorithms
- participation in world-leading collider experiments
- development of detector technologies and detectors for
- future high-energy physics experiments
- use in medical physics
NICADD is located at Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, Illinois.