- The GEE is a comprehensive, multiple-choice test.
- There is a 90-minute time limit.
- You may attempt the GEE only once.
- The GEE will be taken remotely through Blackboard. You still need to register for this exam and then you will be added to the Blackboard Organization so you can test.
- Once you complete the GEE on Blackboard, you will receive your scores immediately.
Passing requirements: The passing score will be 53 or higher. The total questions on the exam are 75.
Study materials: the textbook, English Grammar: A Descriptive Linguistic Approach, 3rd edition, by Gulsat Aygen, is recommended as a study guide for the GEE. A copy of this textbook is available on a two-hour reserve at Founders Memorial Library.
Areas to be covered: Basic usage conventions of formal written English and traditional grammatical terminology.
What to bring to the exam: A photo ID.