NIU Testing Services will machine score tests marked on optically scannable answer sheets. Versatile scoring programs allow for the scoring of almost any test. This process produces:
- Printed reports detailing both part and total scores
- Analyses of test items
- Summary data about the class' performance
- A list of the examinees' names with their test scores
- Individually printed reports for each student who tests
Exam Drop Off and Pick Up Procedure
Tests submitted by 11:30 a.m. should be ready by 4 p.m. the same day. Tests submitted by 3:30 p.m. should be ready by 8:30 a.m. the next working day. Instructors whose test scoring needs cannot be accommodated by these schedules and/or have special concerns are requested to contact Kathy King at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an alternative, we would be happy to return your exams to you via campus mail. To use this option, please provide us with a pre-addressed and sealable envelope.
Student Scantron Sheet
- Use #2 pencil only.
- Write in the boxes and darken in corresponding ovals.
- One correct answer per question
- Last name, first initial, middle initial
- Z-ID number (number only, no "Z" needed).
- Sec boxes: using two digits for section number; example "01", "02", "03", etc.
- Form area: darken "A", "B", "C", etc. for version of the exam.
- Signature box: student to sign name on back and turn sheet back over to front.
- Exam/quiz begins with question #1.
Faculty Answer Key
- One correct answer per question.
- Form area: darken "A", "B", "C", etc. for multiple answer keys.
- Misc field: to add an external score (like essay questions) to current exam or cum. student ISR file.
- Please orient student answer sheets in the same direction.