NIU Testing Services will machine score tests marked on optically scannable answer sheets. Versatile scoring programs allow for the scoring of almost any test. This process produces:
- Printed reports detailing both part and total scores
- Analyses of test items
- Summary data about the class' performance
- A list of the examinees' names with their test scores
- Individually printed reports for each student who tests
Exam Drop Off and Pick Up Procedure
Tests submitted by 11:30 a.m. should be ready by 4 p.m. the same day. Tests submitted by 3:30 p.m. should be ready by 8:30 a.m. the next working day. Instructors whose test scoring needs cannot be accommodated by these schedules and/or have special concerns are requested to contact Kathy King at email@example.com.
You may also submit an exam by using our dropbox which is located in the Campus Life Building, room 120 (to the right of our office door). The Campus Life Building is open until 9 p.m. Place exams, key(s), instructions and Testing Services' Transmittal Form (PDF) into a sealed envelope before dropping your materials into the dropbox.
As an alternative, we would be happy to return your exams to you via campus mail. To use this option, please provide us with a pre-addressed and sealable envelope.
Student Scantron Sheet
- Use #2 pencil only.
- Write in the boxes and darken in corresponding ovals.
- One correct answer per question
- Last name, first initial, middle initial
- Z-ID number (number only, no "Z" needed).
- Sec boxes: using two digits for section number; example "01", "02", "03", etc.
- Form area: darken "A", "B", "C", etc. for version of the exam.
- Signature box: student to sign name on back and turn sheet back over to front.
- Exam/quiz begins with question #1.
Faculty Answer Key
- One correct answer per question.
- Form area: darken "A", "B", "C", etc. for multiple answer keys.
- Misc field: to add an external score (like essay questions) to current exam or cum. student ISR file.
- Please orient student answer sheets in the same direction.