Refunds of Class-Related Fee
|Original Policy Source||APPM Section 1. Item 1.|
|Effective Adoption Date||01-20-2000|
Faculty & Academics
Finance / Risk Management
Refunds of course-related fees paid may be made in cases where:
- withdrawal from a course results from factors involving university error or oversight in the collection of a fee (Request for Refund of Class-Related Fee form is required);
- withdrawal from a fee-supported class is prior to the end of the official add/drop period (Student Accounts Receivable System will automatically credit the student's account);
- a course for which fees have been paid is deleted from the schedule (Student Accounts Receivable System will automatically credit the student's account); or
- it can be demonstrated that students in a course/program were not afforded a reasonable opportunity to experience the instructional component of the course/program for which a fee was collected (Request for Refund of Class-Related Fee form must be processed).
Mass refunds for a course should be initiated by the course instructor or other appropriate department official and must be approved by the department chair and college dean and processed by the Accounting Office and the Bursar. Department chairs are responsible for seeing that appropriate refund procedures are undertaken.
Individual requests for refunds must be initiated by the student involved. The request must be approved by the chair of the department in which the course is offered and the dean of that department's college. The request will be processed by the Accounting Office and the Bursar after the end of the third week of classes in a semester or summer session.
There are no comments to show.
- Policy Categories
- Board of Trustees
- Campus Safety / Security
- Ethics & Conduct
- Facilities / Real Estate
- Faculty & Academics
- Finance / Risk Management
- Governance / Administration
- Human Resources / Employment
- Information Technology
- Marketing & Communication
- Research Ethics / Intellectual Property
- Student Affairs
- Sponsored Funding/Grants and Contracts