B.S. in Nursing for RNs (RN-B.S. Degree)
About the Program
Already have your associate degree in nursing? Looking to further your career with a bachelor's degree to meet the high demand for nurses with that qualification? Our fully accredited bachelor's degree completion program is available online, letting you build on your associate degree at your own pace. You'll be able to create a customized path to success based on your schedule. In addition, a dedicated advisor will work with you from admission to graduation to ensure you meet all the graduation requirements. It’s never been easier to take the next step in your nursing career - take it with NIU!
Program Mode of DeliveryThis program is delivered 100 percent online.
The RN-B.S. in nursing program awards credit to registered nurses for the education and learning experiences they have already acquired. Visit the School of Nursing for more information on transferring credits.
Information about specific course requirements can be found in the NIU course catalog.
Applying to the ProgramYou're eligible for this program if you:
- Have been admitted to NIU as a regular degree-seeking student.
- Meet one of the following criteria:
- Graduated from an associate degree or diploma nursing program within the past five years.
- Practiced as a registered nurse within the past five years.
- Satisfactorily completed an approved refresher course within the past five years.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative 2.75 GPA.
- Hold a current Illinois RN license (or pass NCLEX during your first semester at NIU).
- Dr. Kari Hickey, Ph.D.
- Dr. Kathy Musker Ph.D., RN
- Dr. Laura Beamer, Ph.D.
- Dr. Linda Taylor
- Lynn Dykstra
- MJ Shaw
- Melissa Perian
Why NIU Online?
We know you have responsibilities and commitments. It's just easier if you're able to take classes where you are without the commute. The good news is that with NIU, you're not alone. Your classmates and instructors are available via the same technology that helps deliver your classes. In our classrooms or in your living room, we want you to succeed academically because your future is our focus.