- About Us
- News & Events
- The Lounge
- Featured Adult Learners
- Featured Properties
- Commuter Resources
- Carpool Connections
- Going GREEN
- Students who are Parents
- Military Students
- Transfer Students
- Off-Campus Housing
- Computer Resources
- Campus Resources
- Contact Us
- Huskies Food Pantry Home
- Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management
- Off-Campus & Non-Traditional Student Services
Please read this important announcement from the university regarding the upcoming merger of OCNTSS and MSS!
Services Extended Hours
As off-campus and non-traditional students, we understand that it can be difficult for you to access offices on campus during normal business hours. While we can't change those hours, we can advertise the special services which are available after 4:30pm during the academic year:
The Writing Center
The Writing Center is open from 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. and located in Stevenson South, Tower B in the lower level. The Writing Center also conducts hours in the OCNTSS Lounge on Tuesdays (9 a.m.-3:30 p.m.)and Wednesdays (10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.) this spring semester.
Tutoring Centers locations vary but select centers are open as late as 11 p.m.
There are many Computer Labs on campus that are open late; some are even open until 1:45 a.m. if you need to get a lot of studying done.
Recreation Services include cardio machines, weight machines and free weights, basketball/volleyball/tennis courts, swimming, and indoor tracks.
When using Huskie Bucks at university-owned dining areas, your purchase is tax exempt! Here is a list of dining areas that are open at night in the Holmes Student Center:
- THE HUB - Open until 6 p.m., Monday through Thursday
- COFFEE CORNER - Open until 5 p.m., Monday through Thursday
- SUBWAY - open until 9 p.m., Monday through Sunday; open until 9 p.m.
As for the Dining Halls in the residence halls, they also accept Huskie Bucks and are tax exempt. Some are even open until 11pm if you want a late snack!
Parking on campus can be a hassle, but if you plan on being here late, parking is a little easier. Most parking lots on campus only require a permit until 7 p.m., so anytime after 7 p.m. you are free to park without getting a ticket. Just pay special attention to the signs to make sure you don't park somewhere that requires permits at all times. For those commuting for night classes, keep in mind that students with yellow or brown passes may find additional parking in blue lots, designated by a white circled number, after 4 p.m.
Want a place to chill out or go bowling with friends? The Huskie Den would be a perfect place to go and is open late almost everyday of the week. The hours of the Huskie Den are:
- Monday through Thursday: 11 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday: 1 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Sunday: 1 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
TCF and the Bookstores
The TCF Bank in the Holmes Student Center has hours extending from typical business hours. They are:
- Monday through Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The University Bookstore hours are:
- Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 12 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Village Commons Bookstore (VCB) is another convenient place to get supplies for your everyday school needs. The VCB standard semester hours are:
- Monday through Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Open most Saturdays Hours subject to change
For special store hours for book rush and buy back check the VCB website.
Holmes Student Center
The Holmes Student Center is open seven days a week
- Sunday through Thursday: 7 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Friday through Saturday 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
The Lounge is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Emergency Contact Numbers
Here are a few contacts and numbers that may be useful in the event of an emergency or if you need assistance:
- Police/Fire/Rescue: 911
- NIU Police: 815-753-1212
- Late Nite Ride Service: 815-753-2222
- Tipline: 815-753-8477
- Weather Hotline: 815-753-6736
- Huskie Student Patrol: 815-753-9658
- Information Technology Services (ITS): 815-753-8100
- Interpersonal Violence Response Team: 815-753-1573
- Student Counseling and Development: 815-753-1206