Looking to buy or sell something online, but nervous about meeting up with a stranger?
Arrange to meet in the lobby of the NIU Police and Public Safety dispatch center at 395 Wirtz Drive on the DeKalb campus. Due to the increase in popularity of online sales, NIU police are making online sales safer for our campus community.
- All sales transactions at the dispatch center will be under video surveillance.
- The dispatch center is manned 24 hours a day.
The safe-selling initiative is part of a campus-wide safety effort to encourage Huskies to form safe habits and be proactive about safety.
How It Works
To complete a transaction, come into the building and let the dispatcher know you're there to complete a safe-selling transaction. Complete the transaction, and then you let the dispatcher know you've completed it.
There are two marked parking spaces on the east side of the building that are available to use while conducting a safe selling transaction.
- The sale of drugs, weapons or any other contraband is strictly prohibited.
- NIU Police will not get into the middle of any disputes involving any sales transactions.
- Any items left on the premises will be considered abandoned property in accordance with law.