Inviting Family

Dependent Request for Spouse or Child

If you wish to bring your spouse or children as an F-2/J-2, you must fill out the Dependent Request Form, as well as provide the following supporting documentation to ISSS:

  • Copy of each dependents passport page
  • Copy of the marriage certificate with English translation, if necessary

B-2 Tourist Visa

If you would like to invite your family to visit you at NIU, an international student advisor can write a letter of invitation. Please note that your letter will not state any specific information about graduation.