Non-Employee Student and Guest Travel

This information is intended to provide a brief overview of the rules regarding university non-employee student and guest travel and the processes for procuring travel.

Authorization to Travel

For non-employee student travel, a Student Non-Employee Travel Event Request Form should be completed and submitted with the check request.

Receipts, Documentation and Processing Requirements

  • Non-employee travel reimbursements should be requested via a Check Request and not submitted on a Travel Voucher.
  • The Department should issue a letter of invitation to the individual specifically clarifying receipt retention requirements for reimbursement. The invitation letter should accompany the completed check request.
  • Detailed receipts and/or invoices are required for all expenses regardless of amount.
  • The Receipt/Invoice must show that the expense was paid in full (documentation/substantiation for reimbursement cannot show an amount due)