Psychological Services Center
As of June 30, the PSC has a full caseload. It is likely that we will refer new callers to other providers in the community. Please call us at 815-753-0591 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about obtaining mental health services.
For the period of July 1 through August 15, we will be able to return phone calls and email inquiries on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays only.
The Psychological Services Center is now offering telehealth services during this period of continued public health concerns. We provide psychotherapy and psychological assessment services to members of the NIU community as well as to the general public in the northern Illinois area.
At times we will be working remotely or have limited on-site office support. To contact us please call 815-753-0591 or email us at email@example.com. Please allow two days for us to respond to your phone call or email.
If you call us: Please leave a brief voicemail message, and we will do our best to assist you. We check our messages multiple times each day, and we will respond to you as soon as possible.
If you email us:
- We will send you instructions about how to get started along with a consent form describing our telehealth procedures and confidentiality agreement.
- Read the consent form carefully and provide information and signatures in the fillable sections indicated on the form. Return the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any problems with the forms, please call us and we will do our best to assist you.
Below are some resources that may be useful regarding self-care and stress management, as well as guidance regarding physical health concerns:
- American Psychological Association Pandemics General Resources
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- DeKalb County Health Department
If you have concerns about the safety of yourself or others, please call 911 or your nearest emergency department.
Additional numbers to call during a crisis
We provide a full range of outpatient psychological services to the NIU community and residents of the local area. We welcome individuals with all backgrounds and identities. Read more about our commitment to diversity.
Our services include psychological testing, diagnostic interviews and a variety of psychotherapies, such as:
- Individual, couple, family and group therapy.
- Parent education and play-based therapy for children.
- Methods for controlling stress and physical pain (relaxation training, biofeedback, etc.).
We can assist you with:
- Personal difficulties (depression, anxiety, anger, low self-esteem, etc.).
- Relationship complications and marital conflict.
- Children's issues (behavioral problems, developmental and learning disabilities, attention deficit disorders, etc.).
If you're interested in our services, please follow these steps:
- Call us and leave a brief message or email us. We'll send you information on how to get started, including a consent form describing telehealth procedures and a confidentiality agreement.
- Read the consent form and provide information and signatures in the appropriate sections.
- Email the completed form to email@example.com.
Psychological Services Center
Psychology/Computer Science Building room 86
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, IL 60115
- Monday: noon-8 p.m.
- Tuesday: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. (mid-May to mid-August: 10 a.m.-6p.m.)
- Wednesday: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Thursday: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
By appointment only. Closed when NIU is closed.