(Bylaws, Article 14.6.2)
14.6.2 Admission Policies and Academic Standards Committee (APASC)
(A) Faculty Representation
1. One faculty representative from the Undergraduate Coordinating Council shall be chosen by the faculty of the Undergraduate Coordinating Council.
2. One faculty representative shall be appointed by the curriculum committee of each undergraduate degree-granting college except the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
3. Two faculty representatives shall be appointed by the curriculum committee of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
4. Faculty members shall serve a three-year renewable term beginning in the fall semester. Terms of college appointees shall be staggered.
5. The chair shall be elected by the voting members of the Admissions Policies and Academic Standards Committee and shall serve a one-year renewable term beginning in the fall semester.
(B) Student Representation
1. Three student members shall be selected by the Admissions Policies and Academic Standards Committee from nominees submitted by the student advisory committees of the undergraduate degree-granting colleges.
2. Student membership shall include at least one native and one transfer student.
3. Student members shall serve one-year renewable terms beginning in the fall semester.
(C) Administration Representation
1. One advisor shall be elected by and from the persons with overall responsibility for undergraduate student advisement in each of the undergraduate degree-granting colleges. The person shall be a voting member.
2. The following, or their designees, shall serve ex officio without vote: vice provost responsible for undergraduate education; vice president for student affairs and enrollment management; director of Admissions; a representative of Educational Services and Programs appointed by the vice provost; Transfer Center coordinator.
(A) Within the policies defined by the Illinois Board of Higher Education, the Board of Trustees, the University Council, and the Undergraduate Coordinating Council, to review and, as necessary, recommend to the Undergraduate Coordinating Council changes in undergraduate policies and regulations dealing with:
Admission of entering freshman students;
Admission of transfer students;
Academic probation; Academic dismissal;
Admission to impacted and restricted programs;
Retention, both in the university and in particular programs.
(B) To recommend guidelines governing college, school, and department policies regarding admission, retention, academic standards, and graduation requirements for their individual programs; and establishing a process by which such policies will be reviewed by the next higher level of academic authority.
(C) To study and make recommendations regarding the impact of college, school, and department admission, retention, and academic standards policies upon other academic units of the university.
(D) To recommend a procedure by which individual student progress toward graduation will be continually monitored.
(E) To monitor and make recommendations for the improvement of the university's undergraduate advisement policies and procedures.
(F) To make recommendations as needed to improve coordination among the Undergraduate Coordinating Council, the office of community college relations, and the persons with overall responsibility for undergraduate student advisement in each of the undergraduate degree-granting colleges.
(G) To coordinate the policies and procedures of the undergraduate college reinstatement committees, and, if necessary, recommend changes in university policies regarding the work of such committees.
(H) To perform such other duties as the Undergraduate Coordinating Council may prescribe.
The APASC meets generally on the first Wednesday of the month at 3 p.m.
2012-13 meeting dates are: September 5, October 3, October 31, November 28, February 6, March 6, April 10, May 8
|UCC Faculty||Paul Stoddard||Arlene Keddie
|Business||*David Wade||Sarah Marsh (for Wade)|
|Education||Paula Hartman||Sarah Johnston-Rodriguez (for Hartman)
|Engineering & Engineering Technology||Don Zinger||Don Zinger|
|Health & Human Sciences||Sally Arnett||Sally Arnett
(for Arnette Fall 2012)
|Sally Arnett||Sally Arnett|
|Liberal Arts and Sciences||John Wolfskill||John Wolfskill|
|Liberal Arts and Sciences||Andrea Radasanu||*Eric Mogren||Eric Mogren||Eric Mogren|
|Visual and Performing Arts
|Council of Advising Deans||Jill Boersma||Margee Myles
|+Vice Provost or designee||Anne Birberick||Anne Birberick|
|+Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management or designee||Brian Hemphill||Kelly Wesener Michael
|+Director of Admissions or designee||Katherine McCarthy||Kimberley Buster-Williams
|+Representative of Educational Services & Programs appointed by Vice Provost||Shevawn Eaton||Shevawn Eaton
|+Transfer Center Coordinator or designee||Melissa Gillis||Andrew Hlubek
|Students (3)||Daniel Brouillette, LAS||Kyle Bak, LAS
+ ex officio, nonvoting