(Bylaws, Article 14.62)
A. The Admissions Policies and Academic Standards Committee shall consist of the following members:
One faculty representative, from the Undergraduate Coordinating Council (UCC), chosen by the faculty of the Undergraduate Coordinating Council.
One faculty representative shall be appointed by the curriculum committee of each undergraduate degree-granting college except the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences;
Two faculty representatives shall be appointed by the curriculum committee of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences;
Three student members selected by the Admissions Policies and Academic Standards Committee (APASC) from nominees submitted by the student advisory committees of the undergraduate degree-granting colleges. Student membership shall include at least one native and one transfer student;
One advisor elected by and from the persons with overall responsibility for undergraduate student advisement in each of the undergraduate degree-granting colleges. The person shall be a voting member.
The following shall serve ex officio, nonvoting:
Vice provost responsible for undergraduate education;
Assistant Vice Provost for Enrollment Services;
Director of Admissions;
Director of the Office of Educational Services and Programs;
Transfer Center Coordinator.
Faculty members shall serve a three-year renewable term beginning in the fall semester. Terms of college appointees shall be staggered. Student members on the committee shall serve one-year renewable terms beginning in the fall semester.
The chair shall be elected by the voting members of the Academic Policies and Academic Standards Committee and shall serve a one-year term beginning in the fall semester.
- Within the policies defined by the Illinois Board of Higher Education, the Board of Trustees, the University Council, and the Undergraduate Coordinating Council (UCC), to review and, as necessary, recommend to the Undergraduate Coordinating Council changes in undergraduate policies and regulations dealing with (1) admission to impacted and restricted programs and (2) retention, both in the university and in particular programs;
- Recommend guidelines governing college, school, and department policies regarding admission, retention, academic standards, and graduation requirements for their individual programs; and establish a process by which such policies will be reviewed by the next higher level of academic authority;
- Study and make recommendations regarding the impact of college, school, and department admission, retention, and academic standards policies upon other academic units of the university;
- Recommend a procedure by which individual student progress toward graduation will be continually monitored;
- Make recommendations for the improvement of the university's undergraduate advisement policies and procedures;
- Make recommendations as needed to improve coordination among the UCC, the office of Community College Relations, and the persons with overall responsibility for undergraduate student advisement in each of the undergraduate degree-granting colleges;
- Coordinate the policies and procedures of the college reinstatement committees, and, if necessary, recommend changes in university policies regarding the work of such committees;
- Perform such other duties as the UCC may prescribe.
|UCC Faculty||William Goldenberg||William Goldenberg|
|Business||*David Wade||*David Wade||David Wade||David Wade|
|Education||Jenny Parker||Paula Hartman||Paula Hartman||Paula Hartman|
|Engineering & Engineering Technology||Dennis Cessarotti||Don Zinger||Don Zinger||Don Zinger|
|Health & Human Sciences||Sally Arnette||Sally Arnette||Sally Arnette|
|Liberal Arts and Sciences||John Wolfskill||John Wolfskill||John Wolfskill||John Wolfskill|
|Liberal Arts and Sciences||Heidi Koenig/Andrea Radasanu||Andrea Radasanu||Andrea Radasanu|
|Visual Arts and Sciences||Ed Klonoski||Ed Klonoski||Ed Klonoski|
|Council of Advising Deans||Lori Marcellus||Mary Pritchard|
|+Vice Provost||Earl Seaver||Earl Seaver|
|+Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management||Brian Hemphill||Brian Hemphill|
|+Office of Admissions, Director||Robert Burk||Brandon Lagana|
|+Educational Services & Programs, Director||Shevawn Eaton||Shevawn Eaton|
|+Transfer Center Coordinator||Mellisa Gillis||Mellisa Gillis|
|Students (3)||Jennifer Harris - HHS
Krystal Prete - ED
|Ashley Warren, HHS
Paula Hastings, LAS
Kristin Preihs, LAS Alt.
+ Ex officio, nonvoting