- About Us
- Upcoming MSS Events
- Active Duty Call
- Financial Information
- Forms and Applications
- Important Dates
- Support Services for Military Students
- Student Affairs & Enrollment Management Home
- Contact Us
- Military Student Services Home
Health & Wellness
- Provides confidential general medical and psychiatric care, laboratory tests, X-rays, and pharmacy services for students enrolled in on-campus courses.
- Offers most services at no charge; health insurance is not required.
Visit the Health Services website at www.niu.edu/healthservices/
- Offers health promotion information and interventions focused on student health and academic success.
- Offers personal and group consultations on a variety of topics (e.g., healthy relationships, sexual health, alcohol, and other drugs, etc.).
Visit the Health Enhancement website at www.health.niu.edu.
Current memberships with Campus Recreation include access to the Student Recreation Center, the Chick Evans Field House, and swimming pools at Gabel Hall and Anderson Hall. Within those facilities, members are able to utilize the:
- Cardio and Strength Training Rooms and equipment
- Racquetball/wallyball courts
- Multipurpose courts
- Locker rooms with dry saunas
- Indoor tracks
- Swimming pools
- Sports equipment check-out
- Numerous programs and services (some at an additional cost).
VA Health Care for Eligible Combat Veterans
- Provides health care to combat veterans of OIF/OEF for five years following the date of separation or date of discharge from Active Duty or, for reservists and National Guard, from date of discharge for the veteran's most recent period of Active Federal Service.
- Provides cost-free health care and medications in most situations.
For more details, see VA Health Care Combat Veteran Eligibility.
Local VA Facilities for Veterans
VA Outpatient Clinic
161 South Lincolnway
North Aurora, IL 60542
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Hines VA in Chicago
5000 South 5th Ave.
Hines, IL 60141
|Change Your Appointment||708-202-8387|
|Monday - Friday||8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
Rockford VA Primary Care Clinic
4940 East State Street - Suite 3
Rockford, IL 60118
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.