- About Us
- Upcoming MSS Events
- Active Duty Call
- Financial Information
- Forms and Applications
- Important Dates
- Military Student Transition Handbook
- Support Services for Military Students
- Student Affairs & Enrollment Management Home
- Contact Us
- Military Student Services Home
Military Student Advocacy
Military Student Services
- Makes referrals to campus resources, the DeKalb County Veterans Assistance Commission, and other veterans' services offices throughout Illinois.
- Assists military students in processing forms, understanding procedural requirements, and certifying enrollment for federal and state benefits.
Office of the Ombudsperson
- Provides confidential assistance and advice regarding university-related concerns.
- Identifies and explains pertinent policies and procedures.
- Suggests options and strategies for resolution.
Visit the Ombudsman website at www.niu.edu/ombuds/
2550 N. Annie Glidden Road
DeKalb, IL 60115
Provides services and financial aid to military veterans and their families who reside in DeKalb County and qualify for and need assistance.
Provides assistance in the preparation of Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) forms and other documents, which relate to benefits available to the veteran and his/her dependents.
Provides advocacy service to military veterans and their families in applying to the proper local, state, and federal agencies to procure benefits for employment, food stamps, public aid, counseling and social security.
Has an Emergency Financial Assistance Program.
Provides non-emergency transportation to and from the Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Centers for veterans residing in DeKalb County who are in need of medical treatment.