Housing & Dining Information

For Military Students Called to Active Duty

Students living in university residence halls or in Northern View Community will need to complete and submit to Housing & Dining a Residence Hall Contract Release Form. After fully completing and submitting the form, service members called to active duty will be released from their housing contract without cancellation penalty and will receive pro-rated refunds of their room and board.

Off-Campus & Non-Traditional Student Services also provides assistance to students living off campus who are entering active duty. To list off-campus housing available to sublet, contact Off-Campus & Non-Traditional Student Services at 815-753-9999 or by e-mail at OCNTSS@niu.edu