About Narayan S. Hosmane
Narayan S. Hosmane is an Indian-born cancer research scientist who made the featured article in NRI Achievers magazine and is currently a Distinguished Research Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry and an Inaugural Board of Trustees Professor at Northern Illinois University, DeKalb. He received the coveted Humboldt Research Award for senior scientists twice. This award is presented annually, by Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Bonn, Germany, to scientists worldwide as a tribute to their lifelong accomplishments.
He was the founder of Boron in the Americas (formerly known as BUSA) and hosted the organization's first meeting in Dallas in April 1988. He has published over 300 papers in leading scientific journals and was ranked by the Institute for Scientific Information (ISI) in the top 50% of the most cited chemists in the world from 1981-1997.
In September 2007, at the launch of the NRI Institute's Washington D.C. chapter, the NRI Institute presented him with its Pride of India Gold Award, in recognition of his outstanding accomplishments. That following January, he was honored by the same NRI Institute with its Lifetime Achievement Pravasi Award and Bharath Samman Medal during the Annual Conference held in New Delhi, India. A fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry and the American Institute of Chemists, he has also been listed in Who's Who in the World.
- Ph.D. Organometallic / Inorganic Chemistry, Edinburgh University, Edinburgh, U.K., (1974) under the supervision of Prof. Evelyn A. V. Ebsworth
- M.S. Chemistry, Karnatak University, Dharwar, India, (1970)
- B.S. Chemistry, Karnatak University, Dharwar, India, (1968)
- Board of Trustees Professor, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Illinois, (2008 - Present)
- Distinguished Research Professor, Northern Illinois University, (2005 - Present)
- Full Professor, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Northern Illinois University, (1998 - Present)
- Presidential Research Professor, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Northern Illinois University, (2001 - 2005)
- Full Professor, Department of Chemistry, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas, (1989 - 1998)
- Associate Professor (with tenure), Department of Chemistry, Southern Methodist University, (1986 - 1989)
- Assistant Professor (tenure track), Department of Chemistry, Southern Methodist University, (1982 - 1986)
- Assistant Professor, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia, (1979-1982)
- Research Associate, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, (1977 - 1979) with Russell N. Grimes
- Research Associate, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama, (1976 - 1977) with W. E. Hill and F. A. Johnson
- Research Scientist, Catalysis Section, Lambeg Industrial Research Institute, N. Ireland, (1975 - 1976)
- Postdoctoral Research Assistant, Queen's University of Belfast, N. Ireland, (1974 - 1975) with Frank Glockling
|Ancient Science and Astronomy in India||Indian Cooking||Roots of the Havyaka Brahmins||Veg Recipes of India|
India's Contribution to the Rest of the World
Ancient Flying Machines of India
(History Channel Documentary)