About Orientation & Family Connections
We are committed to providing family members with meaningful opportunities to allow you to share in your student's college experience. This time can be an exciting time for you as well!
Research has shown that students who have family members who are involved with their college experience have an increased graduation rate. Huskie Family Connections gives you convenient and easy access to the university; we serve as your resource and guide while your student is here.
Orientation & Family Connections is guided by The Parents' Advisory Council (HFC PAC); a group of dynamic, involved adult family members of NIU students. The HFC PAC meets at least twice during the academic year on the DeKalb NIU campus, and as needed, on NIU's satellite campuses. The HFC PAC gives advice to HFC, assists in planning events, and serves as family member ambassadors to NIU. The HFC PAC welcomes new members who are interested in supporting opportunities for family involvement at NIU. Contact us at email@example.com.
Originally named the Parents’ Association when it was formed in 1997, Orientation & Family Connection's mission is to provide a valuable link between NIU and the families of our students with the purpose to inform, affirm, and be responsive to the critical role of the family in a successful NIU experience.
- Provide timely information about university events.
- Provide family members with opportunities to attend university activities with their son/daughter.
- Provide opportunities where family members can make meaningful connections with other supporters of NIU students.
- Provide assistance with questions regarding university programs and services.
- Create an avenue for shared governance between family members and university administration.