About Huskie Family Connections
We are committed to providing family members with meaningful opportunities to allow you to share in your student's college experience. This time can be an exciting time for you as well!
Research has shown that students who have family members who are involved with their college experience have an increased graduation rate. Joining Huskie Family Connections gives you convenient and easy access to the university; we serve as your resource and guide while your student is here.
Huskie Family Connections is a self-funded organization, housed in the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management. Because we are a self-funded organization, we highly depend on membership sales to sustain the services and quality events that we provide. We invite you to take part in all that the organization has to offer! Again, welcome to the Huskie Family!
Originally named the Parents’ Association when it was formed in 1997, Huskie Family Connection's mission is to provide a valuable link between NIU and the families of our students with the purpose to inform, affirm, and be responsive to the critical role of the family in a successful NIU experience.
- Provide timely information about university events.
- Provide family members with opportunities to attend university activities with their son/daughter.
- Provide opportunities where family members can make meaningful connections with other supporters of NIU students.
- Provide assistance with questions regarding university programs and services.
- Create an avenue for shared governance between family members and university administration.