Are you a returning educator or out-of-state educator? Learn more about subsequent endorsements and licensure.
Faculty, instructors and advisors, view required forms for completing disposition or a student licensure recommendation
- Professionals with a Teaching License
- Teaching License Outside of Illinois
- Current NIU Faculty/Instructors/Advisors
If you already have a teaching license in the State of Illinois, please select the topic you're interested in learning more about:
- Advanced licensure programs
- Tuition (instructional) waivers
- Subsequent endorsements within your current grade range
- Subsequent endorsements outside of your current grade range
- Obtaining and submitting professional development hours
- Cooperating teacher questions
If your topic is not listed and you'd like to submit a question to our office, please email us at email@example.com.
Are you a professional with a teaching license outside of Illinois? We're happy to connect you with resources.
- If you already have a teaching license in a state other than Illinois, view the requirements from the Illinois State Board of Education.
- You will need to submit your credentials to the state for evaluation. Review the Illinois requirements (see page 3) for each teaching area.
- As part of the package of credentials you submit to the state, you will need assistance from the institution where you completed your licensure program in completing the Completion of Standards form. The form must be completed with the university/college seal and returned directly to the Illinois State Board of Education.
Contact UsOffice of Educator Licensure and Preparation
Williston Hall 320