Next Steps for Transfer Students
- Send final transcripts from all other institutions attended to NIU Undergraduate Admissions.
- If you are transferring an associate’s degree from an Illinois public community college, we expect to share newly updated transfer guides for your intended major here soon. In the meantime, you may contact your major department for more information.
- If you would like to know how previous coursework from an Illinois public community college will transfer to NIU, review the articulation tables.
- Attend orientation to meet with a college advisor and register for classes.
- Consider registering for UNIV 201, a 1-credit hour course to help transfer students adjust to life at NIU.
- Visit your major department to make a formal declaration of your major and meet with a major advisor.
- Beginning the first week of October, meet with your major advisor AND a college advisor to plan your spring schedule.
- Beginning the first week of March, meet with your major advisor AND a college advisor to plan your summer and/or fall schedule.
- Prior to registration, complete AlcoholEDU and Haven training online. You MUST complete this training in order to register for next semester.
- Register for courses on your enrollment date (found in MyNIU Student Center each semester).
Resources for Community College Counselors
Zulauf Hall 201