The Student Association allocates a limited number of offices spaces in the campus life building in the 190 suite each year to organizations that best meet the criteria in the application process. These offices are a great way for organizations to have a centralized meeting location. The office also provide access to your own personal computer and shared printer with data line, local phone usage, filing cabinets, and a formal way to conduct business meeting. The offices are available for use for one academic school year (fall and spring semester). The goal of the 190 offices is to give organizations on campus better access to the Northern Illinois University student population, so that they can enhance their organization, and the students that they impact.
Each spring applications for the 190 offices are send out to organization presidents and are posted on the Student Association website. It is vital that if your organization wants to be considered for an office, that members fill out the application as detailed as possible and submit it, on time to the Student Association. It is important to note, that if your organization has received a 190 office in the past, this does not guarantee you will receive one for the following school year.
The Student Association Vice President and 190 office selection committee then review the applications and make a final decision on the recipients of the offices in the summer.
The Student Association Vice President, will then notifies applicants informing then whether or not they were selected for an office.
1. All SA required paperwork must be handed in on time to be considered for an office.
2. A minimum of six (6) office hours per week must be maintained by organizational members throughout the year.
a. Those times must be posted on the door of the office and a copy given to the SA office manager.
b. The Vice President and/or delegate from SA will periodically verify that organizations are maintaining their pre-determined office hours.
i. If found in violation, the following actions will be taken:
1. The first offense will be a written warning sent to the president of the organization at fault.
2. The second offense will be revoking of phone and internet access.
3. The third offense will result in the loss of the office for the remainder of the year.
3. Any items in the list of inventory that are not present at the end of the spring semester or at the time of expulsion will be replaces and the replacement cost will be billed to the organization.
4. Occupancy of the 190 offices is at the liability of the organization, the Student Association will not be held liable for any and all damages or theft incurred to personal property as well as individual damages.
5. Abuse of the office, 190 office lobby, or any supplies will not be tolerated. If any such abuse or damage is proven, the result will be the loss of the office for the remainder of the year. If there is any damage, the organization will be billed in order to repair and/or fix the damage.
6. The key to the office must be turned in to the SA office manager on time. Failure to do this can result in suspension of your organization, and result in the office door being re-cored and the organization will be charged for the expenses related to the re-coring.
7. All NIU computer, phone and Internet policies are applied directly to the 190 offices. This includes but is not limited to downloading of pornographic material, illegal downloading of music, movies and any illegal sharing of files. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in
a. The first offense will be a written warning sent to the president of the organization at fault.
b. The second offense will be revoking of phone and internet access
c. The third offense will result in the loss of the office for the remainder of the year.
The SA Vice President will have the authority to increase disciplinary action beyond what is
outlined if deemed necessary
If you have any further questions please contact:
The Vice President of the Student Association