- Health Services Home
- After Hours Medical Care
- About Us
- Appointments & Fees
- Available Services
- DeKalb/Sycamore Area Physicians
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Health Education
- Hours & Location
- Patient Rights & Responsibilities
- Privacy & Confidentiality
- Student Health Advisory Council (SHAC)
- Student Health Insurance
- Contact Us
- Student Affairs & Enrollment Management
The Physicians of Health Services
Brian LaMere, M.D. (Chief of Medical Staff)
- Dr. LaMere joined Health Services in 2005.
- He received his medical degree from the Medical College of Wisconsin.
- He has practiced general and pediatric medicine in a variety of settings.
- Dr. LaMere provides general medical care and is a team physician for NIU athletics.
John Bowman, M.D.
- Dr. Bowman provides general medical care for Health Services.
- He is a graduate of the University of Illinois College of Medicine and practiced emergency medicine before joining Health Services in 1991.
Tina Haller-Wade, D.O.
- Dr. Wade joined Health Services in 2008.
- She is board certified in Family Medicine.
- In addition, she has a Master’s in Public Health (MPH). She provides general medical care and is a team physician for NIU athletics.
Shobha Mahadevan, M.D.
- Dr. Mahadevan joined Health Services in 2005.
- Dr. Mahadevan provides general medical care.
- She is board-certified in Internal Medicine with a special interest in infectious diseases.
Sujata Oak, M.D.
- Dr. Oak has been providing general medical care at Health Services since 1992.
- Dr. Oak is board-certified in Internal Medicine with an interest in endocrinology.
Joseph Baumgart, M.D., FACOG
- Dr. Baumgart provides gynecological care.
- He is a graduate of the University of Illinois College of Medicine and is board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology
- He is a Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
Mark McGuire, M.D.
- Dr. McGuire joined Health Services in 2008.
- Dr. McGuire provides general medical care and is a team physician for NIU athletics.
- He is board certified in Family Medicine and is a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians.
- He has worked in traditional family practice settings and in Urgent Care Centers.
Kris McClure, APN, Nurse Practitioner
- Women's Health Care Nurse Practitioner since 1975.
(Psychiatric services are provided at Health Services under the direction of the Counseling and Student Development Center)
Dennis Long, M.D.
Christine Abt, APN, Nurse Practitioner
- Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist since 1991.