- Health Services Home
- After Hours Medical Care
- About Us
- Appointments & Fees
- Available Services
- DeKalb/Sycamore Area Physicians
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Health Education
- Hours & Location
- Patient Rights & Responsibilities
- Privacy & Confidentiality
- Student Health Advisory Council (SHAC)
- Student Health Insurance
- Contact Us
- Student Affairs & Enrollment Management
The Physicians of Health Services
Brian LaMere, M.D. (Chief of Medical Staff)
- Dr. LaMere joined Health Services in 2005.
- He received his medical degree from the Medical College of Wisconsin.
- He has practiced general and pediatric medicine in a variety of settings.
- Dr. LaMere provides general medical care and is a team physician for NIU athletics.
Tina Haller-Wade, D.O.
- Dr. Wade joined Health Services in 2008.
- She is board certified in Family Medicine.
- In addition, she has a Master’s in Public Health (MPH). She provides general medical care and is a team physician for NIU athletics.
Shobha Mahadevan, M.D.
- Dr. Mahadevan joined Health Services in 2005.
- Dr. Mahadevan provides general medical care.
- She is board-certified in Internal Medicine with a special interest in infectious diseases.
Sujata Oak, M.D.
- Dr. Oak has been providing general medical care at Health Services since 1992.
- Dr. Oak is board-certified in Internal Medicine with an interest in endocrinology.
Joseph Baumgart, M.D., FACOG
- Dr. Baumgart provides gynecological care.
- He is a graduate of the University of Illinois College of Medicine and is board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology
- He is a Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
Mark McGuire, M.D.
- Dr. McGuire joined Health Services in 2008.
- Dr. McGuire provides general medical care and is a team physician for NIU athletics.
- He is board certified in Family Medicine and is a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians.
- He has worked in traditional family practice settings and in Urgent Care Centers.
Kris McClure, APN, Nurse Practitioner
- Women's Health Care Nurse Practitioner since 1975.
(Psychiatric services are provided at Health Services under the direction of the Counseling and Student Development Center)
Christine Abt, APN, Nurse Practitioner
- Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist since 1991.
Dennis Long, M.D.