B.A. and B.S in Psychology
- To declare your major in psychology please email email@example.com.
- For academic advising regarding psychology classes, major requirements or degree progression, please contact the appropriate person based on the information below.
- Harper Psychology Program: your advisor is Mandy Wescott (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- All other psychology majors: you are assigned an advisor in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) Advising.
If you do not know who your advisor is please email email@example.com to set up an appointment.
Online Advising Resources
Within MyNIU Self Service functions, the "view unofficial transcript," "academic requirements report," and "quick what-if" are excellent tools for self-assessing degree progression. You can also evaluate the viability of
Note: these tools should not replace regular meetings with your advisor each semester for a more individualized and complete assessment of your progress.
Online Advising for Minor in Psychology
- To declare you minor in psychology please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For academic advising regarding your minor please watch the minor advising video
- The minor worksheet is also a helpful resource for self-tracking your progress.
During registration times we have waitlists for PSYC 305 Research Methods and Psychology Lab courses only. Please email email@example.com to be added to the waiting list for these courses.
If you find other courses are full, you may contact the instructor of the course you are trying to register to ask about enrollment. If you do not know the instructor's name, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: the main office is unable to assist with enrollment without permission from the instructor.